Accounts Clerk : The Harare Club Hotel
Incumbent will be reporting to the finance manager
Responsibilities for Accounting Clerk
• Apply accounting principles, regulations and policies to all work duties
• Keep sensitive information confidential
• Perform general office support like filing and other administrative tasks
• Maintain, verify and update numerous ledgers
• Provide assistance with invoices and payments
• Help provide and prepare information for reports in a timely manner
• Reconciles various expenditure reports to source documents distributes and files financial documents and reports.
• Sorts documents, codes, logs, reviews for accuracy matches supporting invoices to procurement documents and verifies invoices for payment.
• Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions, reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting system reports.
• Researches processing problems, contacts departments and vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment and responds to inquiries by telephone or in writing, refers complex problems for solution.
• Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts, records and types money lists, and balances cash fund, enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports prepares bank deposits.
• Assists in preparation of financial statements such as billings, budgets, and cost reports.
• Assists in ordering, care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
• Distributes, reviews, calculates, and processes payroll time sheets and employment documents verifies account numbers, maintains sick and annual leave and other payroll records.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications for Accounting Clerk
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting management or a similar field
• 1-3 years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Membership of ACCA, CIMA, CIS is an added advantage
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and Pastel software
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Reading comprehension skills strong enough to read and interpret financial documents
• General knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations quickly and accurately
To apply, send your CV to [email protected] with the subject line, "Accounting Clerk Application." Applications close on 20/12/2022