Assistant Company Secretary : NedBank
- Business, management and administration
- Full Time
To ensure compliance and governance of the company to legislative requirements and to mitigate risks to the Bank. To assist the Company Secretary to fulfil inter alia, the duties of a Company Secretary in terms of the Companies and Other Business Entities Act (“COBE”) and Banking Act (“Act”).
• Identify opportunities to improve or enhance business processes and methodologies by researching; developing; implementing and recommending improvement initiatives (e.g. continuous auditing; and effective ways to operate and add value to Nedbank).
• Provide the directors of the company collectively and individually with guidance as to their duties, responsibilities, and powers.
• Director training and induction coordination for new Board members.
• Ensuring that minutes of all shareholders meetings, board meetings and the meetings of all management committees are recorded in accordance with the COBE; and that board/ committee decisions are carried out.
• Maintain the register of Committee and Sub-Committee resolutions
• Update and maintenance of all Board and Board Sub-Committee Charters
• Preparation of board packs and distribution thereof and planning and preparation for Annual General Meeting
• Avoid penalty fees and minimize costs by ensuring timeous lodgement of required statutory documents with the Registrar of Companies
• Preparing and Lodging Annual Returns with the Registrar of Companies
• Ensure delivery within set timelines by managing required stakeholder deliverables.
• Ensure deliverables for Team and Self are met by monitoring project timelines and taking appropriate action.
• Ensure overall financial objectives are met by monitoring expenditure against budget for team.
• Monitor the level of compliance and escalate non-compliance issues
Chartered Governance Institute (CGI), Law Degree, Finance/ Business Degree
Registered with the Chartered Governance Institute
4 - 6 years in a Company Secretarial Role