Farm Mechanic ( Grade C4) : Cairns Foods
- Installation, repair and maintenance
- Full Time
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post, which has arisen in our Engineering Department at Mateppe Estate (Marondera), a division of Cairns Foods Limited.
THE JOB Reporting to the Estate Manager, the successful applicant will, among other key aspects, be responsible for:
. Ensuring that planned preventative maintenance schedules for all critical equipment are being adhered to.
. Diagnosing and investigating all equipment breakdowns and documenting causes and preventative measures.
• Repairing or replacing mechanical parts on equipment.
• Installing new equipment such as machinery, irrigation systems.
• Inspecting all equipment and vehicles at the farm to ensure that they are in good working order and safe to operate.
• Operating farm machinery such as tractors, harvesters, and other equipment that are used in farming operations.
The ideal applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
• Journeyman class 1 (Motor Mechanics) or any other related qualification.
• 5 "0" Levels including Mathematics and English.
• Problem Solving Skills.
• Ability to comprehend technical information and diagrams.
• 4 years agricultural / farm mechanics experience.
Applications in writing together with detailed C.Vs. should be submitted by no later than Friday 9 December 2022 to [email protected] or post to:
The Human Resources Officer