Office Executive Assistant : International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Full Time
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the incumbent will provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Chief of Mission to ensure the smooth management of his/her day-to-day affairs, and most effective use of her/his time. Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take initiative as appropriate especially in the Chief of Mission’s absence.
Position Title: Office Executive Assistant
Duty Station : Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term with a possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Reference Number :SVN2023/02
Closing Date: 13 March 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage CoM’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
2. Manage CoM’s travel arrangements (including visas/accommodation).
3. Process CoM’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
4. Maintain CoM’s office systems, including data management and filing.
5. Maintain records of CoM’s contacts.
6. Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
7. Assist CoM in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High school diploma with 5 (five) years of relevant experience or,
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields from an accredited institution with 3 (three) years of relevant professional experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook.
• Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
• Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations,
• non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Written and verbal communication skills in English
• Tactfully and diplomatically handling irate clients
• Time management
• Working independently and collaboratively
• Attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and confident
• Active listening
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Telephone etiquette
• Task prioritization
Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 13 March 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.