Procurement Officer | Population Services
- Full Time
Who We Are?
With over 20 years of experience, Population Solutions for Health (formerly PSI/Zimbabwe) is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the exciting position below.
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities
• Solicits for and evaluates quotations from local and international suppliers.
• Prepares comprehensive bid analysis for approval in line with organisational guidelines.
• Negotiates for best value for money (payment terms, after sales service, warranty), also bearing in mind the available budget.
• Generates Purchase Orders in QBE system following approval of bid analysis.
• Maintains Purchase Order accuracy in QBE system through amending and matching lines to ensure no hanging commitments remain.
• Follows up and expedites Purchase Orders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
• Monitors supplier performance related issues i.e., key performance indicators such as right quality, right quantity, and price variations.
• Facilitates supplier payments by ensuring timely submissions of invoices to finance for processing.
• Conducts supplier/vendor assessments (compliance, suitability, and capacity to provide goods and services.)
• Identifies and recommends new vendors for inclusion on the supplier database as and when the need arises.
• Takes the lead in review and updating of Purchase Order status in the QBE system.
• Reviews commitment details at Requisition and Purchase Order stage and takes appropriate action towards commitment clean-up.
• Actively updates the following reports: Open Purchase Order status, Purchase Order Interface listing and Commitment listing.
• Actively updates Order Tracking sheet weekly.
What Are We Looking For?
• Degree in Logistics or MCIPS.
• Membership of a relevant professional body such as CIPS or CILT a definite advantage.
• At least 3 years working experience within procurement field preferably with an NGO or in the Social/Health sector.
• Computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lawson ERP and ability to trouble shoot.
How to apply?
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for:
1. Click Here to apply for the Procurement Officer position.
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to [email protected]
All Applications should be shared not later than December 11, 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.