School Librarian - Herman Gmeiner Primary School Waterfalls
The School Librarian will be expected to take a highly creative and active role in the management,development and promotion of an inclusive range of literacy resources to support learning and teaching throughout the school. The incumbent will work closely with teachers to ensure the library contributes effectively to the delivery of curriculum and support the development of a culture that promotes wider reading, motivated readers and learners for life.
• Provides a space and resources for collaborative learning, creativity, and for developing independent research and information literacy skills in students.
• Selects, acquires, purchase, organise, advise on and promote learning resources in all formats which support the curriculum and learning and teaching in consultation with school management and other teaching staff.
• Indexes, catalogue and classify learning resources in the library and develop and maintain accurate and reliable catalogue and lending systems.
• Maintains an adequate system of records on all library/media materials.
• Assists students in locating and selecting desired or needed books, periodicals, pamphlets, etc.
• Notify teachers of newly-arrived books applicable to classroom topics or themes.
• Collects and deposits monies for lost or damaged texts and issue replacements.
• Coordinates periodic physical inventory of library books, materials, and equipment as applicable.
• Cleans work places and facilities assigned to (offices, classes, toilets, assembly hall, storeroom and other facilities.
• Requests and receives cleaning materials well in advance not to run short. Uses material economically.
• Instructs and supervises the behaviour of students and to have responsibility for student health and safety in the Library.
• Facilitates the induction of new pupils in conjunction with teaching staff in respect library services and resources available.
• Researches and purchases new texts to keep the library current and reading material exciting in liason with school management.
• Maintains a tidy and cleanphysical appearance of the library stock, eg spine labels, date labels and dust jackets.
• Diploma or Degree in Library Sciences
• Five Ordinary level education including English;
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a public or school library.
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases
• Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 20 December 2022. Please not applications will be screened as they come in and suitable candidates will be shortlisted for selection process
Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the job reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: