Who We Are?
With over 20 years of experience, PSI/Zimbabwe now registered as Population Solutions for Health is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the exciting position below.
Job exists to manage the accuracy and efficiency of receivables operations, processing and
monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying the timely collection and posting of receipts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintains accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared.
• Performs AR accounting, billing, replying to customer’s requests, reporting to supervisors
• Performs daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits, updating and distribution of cash receipt logs, and posting of cash to the accounts receivable ledger.
• Monitors and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, email, and mail
• Prepares analytical and ratio analysis in relation to A/R for management to gain a better
understanding of how collection efforts are progressing.
• Maintains an accurate and up to date billing system, AR files and records that promotes timely billing, collection, and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
• Observes turnaround time of 5 days when processing payables transactions and ensure the availability of adequate supporting documents for all transactions.
• Generates invoices and account statements on a regular basis.
• Investigates and resolve any irregularities or enquiries for AR.
• Reviews Travel Expense reports, fuel reconciliations, sales transactions and supporting
documents for completeness.
• Reviews monthly credit cards statements and supporting documents for completeness,
uploading credit card transactions in the Accounting System, Accounts Receivable processes including managing deposits, assisting with client collection functions.
• Assists with audit-related activities, such as schedule preparation and providing documents as requested.
• Reconciles debtor balances, and pre-paid accounts in the accounting system.
• Monitors customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other
• Performs QB payment runs for Receivable’s transactions and Cash Office transactions, and other Treasury functions.
• Provides cover for the Payables Assistant Accountant.
• Enforces adherence to PSH Receivables policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all donors’ financial requirements.
• Monitors customer account details for non-payment, irregularities, and delayed payments.
• Participates in the recruitment, training, and development of a competent pool of Receivables staff that can effectively discharge the mandate of the function, in close collaboration with the Accountant.
• Oversees and ensure there is equal distribution of work amongst Accounts Officers.
• Promotes teamwork and facilitate job enrichment by involving team members in activities
beyond their defined job descriptions.
• Recommends updates of job descriptions for supervised staff.
• Participates in the setting of annual performance and development plans and conducts
performance appraisals for supervised staff.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Full professional qualification e.g., ACCA, CIS or CIMA
• 3 years working experience in a Receivables setup.
• Knowledge of Quick Books, Excel and other MS Office tools.
• Experience supervising or leading a team is an added advantage.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Drive, initiative, and integrity.
How to Apply
How to apply?
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application form for the position you wish to apply for:
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to [email protected]
All Applications should be shared not later than July 21, 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.