Tagoneswa Investments Pvt Ltd is a dealer of many power electrical and hardware tools based in Harare. Currently we are expanding and setting up a sales branch at Zindoga, Harare.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant shop manager to be in charge of the day-to-day operations of our store, coordinate staff, and ensure our customers have excellent shopping experiences.
Job duties and responsibilities of an assistant store manager
Assistant store managers’ complete management and organizational tasks that support the efficiency of a store’s operation and promote a great shopping experience for store patrons. They are going to have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and train staff.
- Review staff performance and offer constructive feedbacks.
- Collaborate with team leads on setting and achieving team-specific goals.
- Purchase inventory based on current trends, availability of new products and customer interest.
- Display merchandise to maximize purchasing appeal.
- Organize sales and product demonstration.
- Write sales and customer reports and make recommendations for improvements.
- Interact with customers and resolve complaints or grievances.
- Manage day-to-day operations of physical store location.
- Assist with procurement of necessary items, including restocking needs.
- Answer phone calls and respond to store-related emails and other communications.
- Oversee and supervise Associate’s and other store staff to ensure adherence to company policies.
Skills and qualifications of an assistant store manager:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher will be preferred.
- 2-3 years of proven and successful experience as a sales associate.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead staff, help customers and work with upper management.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to connect positively with Associate’s in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of industry or company-specific point-of sales systems.
- Great customer service skills, including patience and active listening skills, to ensure customers feel heard and helped.
- Presentation skills and knowledge of best visual and marketing display practices.
- Conflict management skills to resolve customer issues effectively and ensure efficiency on teams.
- Good time management skills to set realistic deadlines and follow specific steps to reach time sensitive objectives.
- In depth knowledge of the store’s merchandise, its exact location and its prices.