Call for Bids: Promotion Of Small-Scale Processing And Provision Of Business Development Services Terms Of Reference (2019-2022):Transforming Zimbabwe’s Dairy Value Chain for the Future
Application Submission Date: 22/08/2022 (by 1200hrs CAT)
Type of Contract: Individual, Group or Firm Contract
Languages required: English + local languages basic proficiency
Starting date: 01 September 2022
Duration of Assignment: 30 Days
INTRODUCTIONS AND BACKGROUND
The Transforming Zimbabwe’s Dairy Value Chain for the Future (TranZ DVC) project aims to address the root causes of under-performance in the Dairy Value Chain (DVC) in Zimbabwe by strengthening the linkages between production, processing and financing. Under this project, We Effect, in partnership with Zimbabwe Association of Dairy Farmers (ZADF), Zimbabwe Farmers Union (ZFU) and Zimbabwe Dairy Industry Trust (ZDIT) have the following specific objectives:
SO1: To improve economic, social and environmental performance of the DVC
SO2: To improve enabling environment for sustainable and inclusive DVC The ZADF as a TranZ DVC consortium member, would like to facilitate promotion of small-scale processing and provision of business development services in the Zimbabwe dairy sector. This activity will support small-scale processing enterprises with clear business growth opportunities and potential to contribute to local
employment (particularly for women and youth), improve incomes, especially MCC that are geographically isolated and depend on the local market demand. e.g. from boarding schools.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultants are expected to deliver the following deliverables:
1. QMS systems for the targeted small-scale processing enterprises.
2. SOPs Manual for small scale processing enterprises.
3. Technical Guidance Manual for dairy product certification for small scale processors in Zimbabwe.
4. Hygienic and Quality Milk Production Manual for small scale processors in Zimbabwe.
5. Capacity building report on the consultancy ToRs for each and every small scale processing enterprise engaged/trained with emphasis on:
i. Hygienic handling,
ii. Safety, quality and certification of milk products and
iii. Broadening product range.
Qualifications and Experience
5. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree in Food Safety and Quality Management Systems or related qualification.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in i. Developing and implementing Food Safety and Quality Management Systems at food facilities up to Certification.
ii. Directing business development while ensuring compliance with applicable food laws, hygiene regulations, policies and procedures.
iii. Analysing complex economic, social, technical, and environmental and policy issues to support delivery of scientific advice and trainings on food safety programs.
• Similar work has been done before.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and network skills.
• Experience in other African or developing countries and knowledge of local language constitutes an added advantage for the work
• Experience in the dairy value chain is an added advantage.