To assess and inspect lending procedures that mitigate the bank’s risk and recommend appropriate action
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Appraising and recommending lending decisions and recommending appropriate action in
accordance with the Credit Policy
2. Review all loans approved by Retail and Credit departments for compliance with policies and
3. Assesses risk on individual loan applications
4. Calculates and recommends to Head Risk monthly loan provisions in line with regulations
5. Checks all loans in arrears at Retail and Credit Departments for compliance with rules and
6. Gathers market intelligence to external risks that can have an adverse impact on Credit portfolio and
recommends the appropriate action
7. Reviews system reports for adherence to Credit Policy daily
8. Reviews action taken on loans in arrears under Retail and Credit Departments
9. Follow-up on non-performing loans >90 days in arrears handed over to Risk for recovery
10. Reviews and maintains models for IFRS 9 (Credit Provisioning) and calculates monthly provisions
for Expected Credit Losses (ECL)
11. Inspects branches and carries out credit operational risk assessments (ORSA) on an ad-hoc basis
Qualifications and Experience
– Degree in Banking & Finance / Economics or related business degree
– Minimum of TWO years Credit Risk experience in a financial institution
How to Apply
All applications addressed to [email protected] must be recieved no later than 29th July 2022 clearly indicating CREDIT RISK OFFICER on the subject line.
Copies of academic and proffessional qualifications must accompany all applications
***** NO CHANCERS *******
Other Related Jobs
To market the bank products as per bank’s marketing and sales strategy.
A financial institution which operates as a credit provider and is non deposit taking seeks a dynamic Credit Analyst. The …
Overall objective of the job: Ensure the Bank achieves its strategic objectives within the confines of applicable laws, regulations, standards …
To ensure that all bank operations conform with governing laws, regulations and best practice.
To process loan applications in compliance with the bank credit policy.