Family Aids Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well as health activities. FACT seeks the services of the following;
Position: Finance & Operations Manager (FOM) X 2
Reporting to: Finance and Operations Director
Purpose of the position: The FOM reports to the Finance & Operations Director and is responsible for overseeing the program finances relating to the USAID funded OVC Project. The FOM will supervise project funds, managing and reporting on its financial performance to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses and ensuring timely preparations of donor financial reports. The individual must be well versed in policy formulation. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that effective internal controls and systems that govern financial management
and operations are implemented in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities:
• Preparation of monthly Financial Reports to USAID for review and approval by the Finance and Operations Director.
• Reviews all documents for accuracy and compliance with the terms of the Grant agreement.
• Maintain financial oversight of programme funds disbursed to FACT, tracking the spending to ensure compliance with financial management regulations and donor requirements.
• Participate in strategic planning, developing grants and awards budgets and responding to requests for proposals
• Tracking of the project budgets during implementation to ensure that expenditure is according to plan and participates in Budget Variance Analysis meetings through providing responses and explanations with respect to actual expenditures.
• Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports
• Develop annual budgets, projections, financial plans, costing estimates and monthly cash forecasting.
• Maintain regular communication with the senior leadership team by providing relevant and timely financial statements and Budget Variance Analysis.
• Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
• Review general ledger for accuracy and completeness in compliance with FACT policies and procedures
• The FOM will also actively participate in finance-related activities for the Finance and Administration Department, drawing the expertise from the finance team to strengthen the financial systems of the project.
• Prepares Audit pack for internal and external audit and responds to audit queries and ensures that audit exceptions are addressed.
• Support the audit process by ensuring that FACT documents are compliant with funder and applicable statutory requirements as well as engaging with the External & Internal Auditors during Audits.
Qualifications and Experience
Skills, Experience and qualifications
• A degree in Accounting and a Full Professional Qualification in Accounting such as CA ACCA, or CIMA a must.
• A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration and Management, Finance, Accounting or related field.
• A minimum of three (3) years post qualifying experience in management of programs funded by USAID as well as managing finances for other donors is a requirement.
• In-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations is a requirement.
• Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO.
• Strong financial acumen and proven drive for results;
• Excellent analytical and advisory skills with high work standards and ability to promote team work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, discretion and impartiality) are essential this position.
• Conversant with Pastel Evolution accounting package.
• Compliance related experience is an added advantage.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to [email protected] : not later than 26 August 2022. Please indicate the position being applied for on the subject of your email e.g Grants & Compliance Officer.
– FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may come into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
-Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Other Related Jobs
Receipt and scrutiny of Input Data • Capture and Processing of Input Data • Production and Circulation of Reports • …
Family Aids Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to …
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the …
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts: Accounting Assistant (1 Post)
The Administration and Finance Manager (AFM) is to provide critical direct support to the HOPE Zimbabwe SG Country Director (CD) …