An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in a diversified conglomerate for the position of Merchandiser. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving business through the effective implementation of product merchandising and shelf management aimed at exceeding customer and stakeholder expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Executes product merchandising in line with the agreed plan as communicated by the Supervisor from time to time, creating customer excitement and increased sales.
• Conduct regular expiries and freshness checks daily to ensure the merchandised products meets the expected quality at all times.
• Maintain store shelves by observing displays of products, removing damaged or expired products, tidying store shelves, and providing optimum display of products.
• Ensure the delivery of excellent standards of customer service at all times by listening, understanding, and dealing with customer queries in a confident, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly manner.
• Adhere to cleaning schedules according to the Floors department’s requirements as communicated by the Supervisor from time to time.
• Implements and maintain a high level of personal grooming and hygiene to complement the standard of the store at all times.
• Effectively execute assigned responsibilities and align daily activities, ensuring that business goals are met within set deadlines.
• Effectively display time management, initiative, teamwork, and communication skills, adhering to the company’s core always.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal person must possess the following:
5 ‘O’ Levels (including Mathematics and English)
At least 2 years’ experience merchandising in the FMCG industry
An understanding of Marketing & Public relations concepts.