Family Aids Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well as health activities. FACT seeks the services of the following;
Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Reporting to: Procurement and Logistics Specialist
Purpose of the position: The Procurement and Logistics Officer’s responsibilities include assisting in sourcing and ensuring supply of optimal and cost-effective goods and services, evaluating supply options, and maintaining accurate records. S/he will work with the Procurement team which is based at Head Office in day-to-day activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities:
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
• Comparing and analysing products and services to be purchased for review.
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
• Capturing Supplier information and preparing orders in Pastel Evolution
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as delivery times, product ranges, etc.
• Establish proper recording and monthly reporting systems of all procurement activities inclusive of updated inventory
• Assist in researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
• Management of assets and production of asset reports
• Manage all logistical arrangements ensuring proper quality control, specification compliance, monitoring and verification of deliveries, plus timely delivery to the end user
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Manage and oversee activities of transport fleet
• Assist and support finance office in delegated financial assignments and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
Skills, Experience and qualifications
• B Com Honours Degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Supply or related degree. Accounting knowledge and exposure is a definite added advantage
• 2 years in a similar role
• Basic accounting knowledge/ qualification
• Computer skills and experience using Pastel;
• Ability to interpret and work in accordance with laid down procedures.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
• Clean class 4 driver’s license
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to recruit[email protected] : not later than 26 August 2022. Please indicate the position being applied for on the subject of your email e.g Grants & Compliance Officer.
– FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may come into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
-Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Other Related Jobs
Family Aids Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to …
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts: Procurement Officer (1 Post)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions which have arisen within Murewa Rural …
Providing effective and timely procurement support to all programmes; as well as ensuring that all GOAL procurement tasks are carried …
Education Development Trust has been awarded the contract by FCDO to deliver the Teacher Professional Development (TPD) component of the …