Family Aids Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood, Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well as health activities. FACT seeks the services of the following;
Position: Procurement & Logistics Specialist (PLS)
Reporting to: Finance & Operations Director
Purpose of the position: We are looking for an astute PLS to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality.
The PLS responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
The procurement officer should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends and ensure all procurements are done according to the organisational policy as well as funding partner regulations & requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities:
• Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the procurement department.
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
• Preparing Tender documents and leading the Bid evaluation processes
• Preparing Supplier Contracts for review by the FOD.
• Reviewing the Procurement Policies of the Organisation.
• Following and enforcing the Organisation’s procurement policies and procedures.
• Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
• Supervise the capturing of Supplier Information and preparing Orders in Pastel Evolution
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as delivery times, product ranges, etc.
• Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
• Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
• Provides logistics support to assist program and operations staff to effectively accomplish their functions.
• Administration of organizational fleet, assets, licensing, handling insurance claims and coordinating of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers, fuel reconciliations and management of staff movements.
• Works with Finance and Administration team on the receiving of goods and the inspection process
Qualifications and Experience
Skills, Experience and qualifications
• BSc Honours Degree in Supply Chain Management or Bachelor of Logistics and Supply Chain Management or a similar field preferred.
• A Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Procurement Lead or in a similar position.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Supervisory and management experience.
• Attention to detail.
• Has in-depth knowledge of USAID, Global Fund, UN and other Donors financial management rules and regulations.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to [email protected] : not later than 26 August 2022. Please indicate the position being applied for on the subject of your email e.g Grants & Compliance Officer.
– FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may come into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
-Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Other Related Jobs
Family Aids Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to …
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts: Procurement Officer (1 Post)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions which have arisen within Murewa Rural …
Providing effective and timely procurement support to all programmes; as well as ensuring that all GOAL procurement tasks are carried …
Education Development Trust has been awarded the contract by FCDO to deliver the Teacher Professional Development (TPD) component of the …