Request For Qoutations Video Production and Photography Coverage Consultancy :
Amalima Loko requires the support of an experienced videographer/photographer to professionally collect raw video footage for Amalima Loko’s watershed management initiative as well as provide professional photographic coverage for the program’s purpose areas in rural Matabeleland (Tsholotsho, Binga, Lupane, Hwange, and Nkayi districts). The videos and photos will be used to document and profile the Amalima Loko program’s work.
About Amalima Loko:
Amalima, a Ndebele word for a group of people coming together to achieve a common goal, and Loko, meaning “genuine” or “authentic” in Tonga, join to form Amalima Loko – a five-year (2020-2025) USAID-funded Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program designed to improve food security in Matabeleland North. Amalima Loko is implemented by a consortium of local and international partners, including Cultivating New Frontiers (CNFA), The Organization of Rural Associations for Progress (ORAP), Dabane Trust- Water Workshops, The Manoff Group, International Medical Corps, and Mercy Corps. The Amalima Loko program operates in four (5) districts in Matabeleland North. The program’s goal is to improve food security through increased food access and sustainable watershed management, via three strategic purposes:
• Purpose 1: Enhanced and inclusive local ownership over food security and resilience planning and implementation.
• Purpose 2: Improved health and availability of soil, water, and plant resources within the watershed; and
• Purpose 3: Improved human health and livelihoods
Amalima Loko is implementing watershed management as an integrated approach to food security and environmental protection. It is doing so by improving watersheds in rural communities with infrastructure and conservation efforts that provide a long-term foundation for improved agriculture-based livelihoods.
Amalima Loko is thus seeking a videography/photography consultant to professionally collect raw video footage for Amalima Loko’s sustainable watershed management intervention, capturing the program’s work from community visioning of assets to conservation works, Cash for Assets (CFA) works, and the impact of these works on communities.
The consultant will also provide photography of other Amalima Loko activities for communication purposes, including use in donor visibility materials, publications, websites, and social media.
The use of a drone will be essential for this project to capture photo and video aerial shots of the activity areas, asset installations in the different district areas, as well as creative pictures of beneficiaries in action.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Scope of the Consultancy Services
The objective of the assignment is to collect high-quality raw video footage with good sound quality for the program’s watershed management initiative. Editing may be required along with the documentation process. The videographer/photographer is also expected to capture professional and high-quality photographs for the program’s different purpose areas. The assignment will be undertaken under the supervision of the Amalima Loko Chief of Party as well as the program’s communications teams. The selected consultant’s scope of work involves the following:
• Pre-production: Briefing/planning session with Amalima Loko staff (virtual)
• Production: Collect raw video footage in rural areas (includes the collection of signed consent and release forms (templates will be provided by Amalima Loko).
• Conduct on-camera interviews with communities, Amalima Loko program functionaries, and other key stakeholders (the successful consultant will be provided with guidelines based on the specific shoot requirements).
• Review of collected footage by Amalima Loko in Bulawayo on assignment and planning for next shoots.
• Take high-resolution photos
• Provide scanned copies and/or hard copies of signed consent and release forms to accompany all photographs with recognisable faces.
• Produce photos on an assignment basis as per the Amalima Loko guidelines for photography and provide a complete set of images in digital format.
Anticipated deliverables and schedule
The videographer/photographer consultant is expected to start by August 2022. The consultant will be required to submit raw video footage for review by Amalima Loko on an ongoing basis, after the completion of each assignment. For photos, the consultant is expected to deliver three hundred creative and professional photos (one hundred for each purpose area). All videos and photos should be delivered to Amalima Loko in Bulawayo via a web-accessible folder or hard copy. Amalima Loko staff will be available for consultation throughout the process.
Qualifications and Experience
Video and Photo Requirements
The footage/photos captured must be shot in HD and should use a wide variety of camera angles, including but not limited to close-up shots, long shots, wide shots, medium shots to convey a message.
For the sound, the videographer/ photographer consultant must provide separate sound and/or embed sound into video when recording
Photos must include titles or captions which provide information such as the name(s) of the beneficiaries or subjects (particularly for photos with three or less people), the activity that is occurring and location of the activity.
The assignment will be covered from August 2022– November 2022 with a possibility for further extension. The expected number of billable days for the assignment is 5–10 days per month, as directed by Amalima Loko.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
1. Their portfolio’s technical strength and experience
2. A proven track record of high-quality videos and photos that can be presented as samples. The samples may be presented through links.
3. Demonstrated ability to deliver according to specifications and within agreed timelines (demonstrated by past performance and references)
4. Responsiveness during application process; and
5. Cost competitiveness.
Profile/Qualifications of the Consultant
• Proficiency in videography and photography, demonstrated through a portfolio, training, and professional experience.
• Demonstrated record of satisfactory completion of professional contracts in videography and photography, including of development projects.
• Experience with rural communities and fluency with Matabeleland North languages (Ndebele, Nambiya, and Tonga) is an asset
• High level of creativity and initiative.
• Ability to collaborate with various teams and meet deadlines
Fees and Schedule of Payment
The consultant will quote the rate on a per day basis for the video and photos. AL may request postproduction services from the consultant. Where the rate for editing is different, the consultant must provide the editing cost per day. Payment will be made monthly after successful delivery of videos or photos shot during that month and upon satisfaction of the Amalima Loko Chief of Party. Amalima Loko will provide transport from Bulawayo to filming sites on agreed days, and accommodation in program districts (Hwange, Binga, Lupane, Nkayi, Tsholotsho) as required. Amalima Loko will not pay for accommodation in Bulawayo or travel to Bulawayo from other parts of the country. The consultant should cover all other costs. The consultant will also be required to bring all the necessary equipment.
Videos and photographs produced under this scope of work will pass to the exclusive ownership of Amalima Loko, including all use and distribution rights connected to them. Amalima Loko reserves all rights to the raw footage. The consultant must deliver all raw footage on a hard drive at the end of the production period.
How to Apply
Based on the specifications presented above, individuals or companies interested in providing quotations for this assignment shall send their financial proposal along with details of relevant past performance. This includes links to 3-5 video samples of no more than 10 minutes in length, 5–10 photography samples, and at least 3 professional references. All applications must be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “Amalima Loko Video Production Consultancy” or “Amalima Loko Photo Coverage Consultancy.” Applications must be submitted by the end of business on August 12, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process